Our toolsets provide us with plenty of support for encrypting, decrypting, and digitally signing messages. It's amazing how much cryptographic technology is baked right in to the Java and .NET frameworks. Yet, if we don't understand how that technology works, we are in real danger of misusing it. And as we've seen with the Target, Snapchat, and NSA security breaches, such mistakes can be extremely costly. It doesn't have to be difficult. The mathematics behind modern cryptography is surprisingly simple. It isn't the complexity of the math that makes digital cryptography effective. On the contrary, the simplicity of the math gives us confidence that we've learned enough about the space to trust the results. I'll show you the formulas, and demonstrate exactly why -- and how far -- you can trust them.
|Date:||April 2nd, 2014|
|Time:||6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (see here for more detail)|
|Location:||MedAssets - Plano, TX
Maps: Google | Bing
Software is math. Michael L Perry has built upon the works of mathematicians like Bertrand Meyer, James Rumbaugh, and Donald Knuth to develop a mathematical system for software development. He has captured this system in a set of open source projects, Update Controls and Correspondence. As a Principal Consultant at Improving Enterprises, he applies mathematical concepts to building scalable and robust enterprise systems. You can find out more at qedcode.com.
Make sure to attend, because in addition to our awesome presenter, we have some way cool prizes!
Thanks to our sponsors for this event:
Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) is a holding company specializing in life and supplemental health insurance for "middle income"
Americans marketed through multiple distribution channels including direct response, and exclusive and independent agencies.
- Our purpose is to help working class families achieve financial protection from adverse circumstances.
- We act in accordance with the highest levels of ethics and integrity
- We make decisions prudently in order to advance the long-term interests of our policyholders, employees, field representatives and shareholders.
- We strive to have a positive effect within the communities we serve.
- American Income Life Insurance Company - Waco, Texas
- First United American Life Insurance Company - Syracuse, New York
- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Liberty National Life Insurance Company - McKinney, Texas
- United American Insurance Company - McKinney, Texas
- Family Heritage Life Insurance Company - Cleveland, Ohio