NDDNUG: Lightning Talk Edition
At normal NDDNUG meetings you come to here one person talk about one interesting thing. This time we are going to do something different. We're going to have multiple people give short talks about multiple topics. It's NDDNUG: Lightning Talk time.
- Matt Hester (BizSpark, Azure and You)
- David Penton (Owning Owin)
- Amir Rajan (Meaningful Work; Coding .Net with the Best Editor in the World)
- Mike Randrup (Hacking Hollywood's HTML5)
- Eric Sowell (Unicode: How it Works; Teaching Yourself to Become a Developer in 11 Short Years)
- Darren White
|Date:||August 6th, 2014|
|Time:||6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (see here for more detail)|
|Location:||MedAssets - Plano, TX
Maps: Google | Bing
Matt Hester is a Senior Information Technology Professional Evangelist for Microsoft. Matt has been involved in the IT Pro community for over 20 years. Matt is a skilled and experienced evangelist presenting to audiences nationally and internationally. Prior to joining Microsoft Matt was a highly successful Microsoft Certified Trainer for over 8 years. After joining Microsoft, Matt has continued to be heavily involved in IT Pro community as an IT Pro Evangelist. In his role at Microsoft Matt has presented to audiences in excess of 5000 and as small as 10. Matt has written 4 articles for TechNet magazine. In addition Matt has published 3 books:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration Instant Reference by Sybex
- Automating Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Windows PowerShell 2.0 by Sybex
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Administration Instant Reference by Sybex
- Our purpose is to help working class families achieve financial protection from adverse circumstances.
- We act in accordance with the highest levels of ethics and integrity
- We make decisions prudently in order to advance the long-term interests of our policyholders, employees, field representatives and shareholders.
- We strive to have a positive effect within the communities we serve.
- American Income Life Insurance Company - Waco, Texas
- First United American Life Insurance Company - Syracuse, New York
- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Liberty National Life Insurance Company - McKinney, Texas
- United American Insurance Company - McKinney, Texas
- Family Heritage Life Insurance Company - Cleveland, Ohio
Amir Rajan is a pretty decent dev and is constantly trying to improve in his craft. He's a jack of all trades, being comfortable with a number of platforms and languages. He strives to better the community through open source contributions, mentoring, and blogging.
As far as his rap sheet is concerned:
Amir is a seasoned presenter, an ASP.NET Insider, and has had appearances on various podcasts (Hanselminutes, Herding Code, and .Net Rocks). He is also the creator of A Dark Room iOS. This minimalist text based RPG conquered the world and took the #1 spot in the App Store across 5 countries. The game has received critical acclaim from Dallas Morning News, CBS 11 DFW, Paste Magazine, Giant Bomb, Forbes, The Huffington Post, Cult of Mac, and The New Yorker. Last but certainly not least. Amir strives to be like Eric Sowell.
Mike Randrup has been intensely geeky about computer graphics and programming since 1993. In addition to a decade of building complex custom web projects for DFW businesses, he had a prior life creating 3D animation for broadcast TV and Playstation game cinematics. Currently he is User Interface & .NET Application Engineer on the mobile web team at Match.com, and very excited about HTML5's capabilities.
Eric Sowell manages the mobile web development efforts of Match.com. These days he also dabbles in iOS development, draws a lot and definitely plays too much Minecraft. He is the recent author of Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5 with Apress. You can see his occasionally updated website at http://ericsowell.com and can follow him on Twitter (@mallioch). His current goal in life is to have a #1-ranked paid app in the iOS app store like Amir Rajan.
Make sure to attend, because in addition to our awesome presenter, we have some way cool prizes!
Thanks to our sponsors for this event:
Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) is a holding company specializing in life and supplemental health insurance for "middle income"
Americans marketed through multiple distribution channels including direct response, and exclusive and independent agencies.