Game Development in Visual Studio: Unity 3D, Universal Apps and Developing for Multiple Platforms
Nathalie will demonstrate setting up a 3D environment in Unity, and a bit of scripting using the Visual Studio plug in. She will then talk about Universal Apps, and how and why you can ship you game to multiple platforms.
|Date:||October 1st, 2014|
|Time:||6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (see here for more detail)|
|Location:||MedAssets - Plano, TX
Maps: Google | Bing
Nathalie Goh-Livorness (no, that’s not a misspelling) grew up living around the world, and culminating her circumnavigation with graduating from USC with a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering.
She has worked with many game developers, most notably credited on “World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria” while she was at Blizzard. She also worked in product development for Disney.com, responsible for the creating of movie, television and game websites.
Her passion for being in the gaming industry took hold, and she moved to Microsoft as a Gaming Evangelist in the Developer Experience and Evangelism division. Her day is filled leveraging her experience helping emerging independent game developers, guiding along technical and business hurdles to get their games successfully to market. She speaks all over the US, to students, game developers, and anyone else that will give her a stage. This includes many Unity development events, Women in Computing conferences, and too many game developer user groups to count.
Make sure to attend, because in addition to our awesome presenter, we have some way cool prizes!
Thanks to our sponsors for this event:
LOVE. YOUR WORK. match.com
THE RELATIONSHIP STARTS HERE
At Match.com our mission is to help people get into successful, rewarding relationships. But that can’t happen unless there’s another relationship, another connection, that’s built on trust, openness, and mutual respect.
THE ONE BETWEEN US AND OUR MEMBER
Every day we’re working to make our relationship with our members stronger, more honest, more open. By doing that, we make it more likely for them to create a new relationship that brings meaning and depth to their lives.
THAT IS WHAT GETS US UP IN THE MORNING.
The world’s number one dating and relationship company, Match.com is at the forefront of a cultural shift that has fundamentally changed the way that people connect, communicate and find love.
Points of Interest
- Match.com is the world's leading online relationship site, according to industry-leading independent measurement firm comScore Media Metrix and Guinness World Records.
- Launched on the Web in April 1995, Match.com helped pioneer the online dating category.
- Match.com is headquartered in Dallas, TX and has approximately 350 employees across 8 offices.
- With more than 15 million members in 240 countries and local country sites in 15 different languages, Match.com expands our member’s possibilities and creates new romantic opportunities so that they are more likely to find the person that is right for them.
- Match.com reported a 14% increase in revenues in Q4 2007 over Q4 2006, with approximately $350 million in total revenue and nearly 1.3 million paying subscribers.
- More than 60,000 new people register on Match.com every day, joining the millions of single people who already know that Match.com is simply the better way to find love.
- Each month, on average, Match.com receives news of more than 400 marriages or engagements from members or former members.
- Every day, hundreds of thousands of people go to Match.com – and last year alone, more than 500,000 found a relationship that changed their lives.
- 12% of engaged or recently married couples have met online, and more meet on Match.com than any other site
- Match.com powers online dating for MSN across the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America, and is the premier personals provider for Love@AOL, offering the Match.com service on both AOL and Netscape.