Missing Model Mysteries
Just as most of the universe is thought to be made up of "dark matter" which we can not directly observe, most software is made of of missing models and lurking business requirements. In this session, we'll explore how to identify MissingModels and how to deal with them in Message based systems.
|Date:||July 1st, 2015|
|Time:||6:30 PM - 8:30 PM (see here for more detail)|
|Location:||MedAssets - Plano, TX
Maps: Google | Bing
Make sure to attend, because in addition to our awesome presenter, we have some way cool prizes!
NDDNUG Kid's Night
Step One: MultiMC
First we'll want to install MultiMC, a program that makes it easy to install mods and the mod loader.
- Navigate to the MultiMC website and find the download link for your OS. There are versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Once you've downloaded the correct version, open that file. On most platforms, this is as simple as double clicking it.
- This will display a folder called MultiMC. Drag and drop this folder to extract it to somewhere safe. Choose carefully, as this will be the place your Minecraft game will be installed to.
- Open the folder you just extracted and double click on MultiMC.exe (on Mac, drag and drop to install it like any other app).
- You will be greeted with a window asking you to select your Java version, if you have more than one. Select the one with the highest number under the Arch column, and click OK.
- You are now in the main window of MultiMC!
Step Two: Making The MCU Instance
MultiMC is a program that lets you handle different versions of Minecraft, and different sets of mods, very easily.
- Look in the top left of the main MultiMC window for the Create New Instance button, and click it.
- In the name box, type in Minecraft U 1.7.10 Opal.
- In the window that appears, look for the checkbox marked Import Modpack, and click it.
- Paste or type in this URL into the area next to the checkbox. http://minecraftu.org/modpack
- Now just click OK.
- Congrats! You are now on the most up to date version of the Minecraft U mod pack, and can play on our moderated servers, or alone.
Just double click the new icon in the instances area of MultiMC to start playing!
If you have trouble getting it working, please arrive early so we can help get you started.
During this meeting...
Last time we got started with ComputerCraft with the help of some instructors from Minecraft U. This time we'll move on to some simple programs and automations to make your life in Minecraft a little less tedious and a little more fun. We'll learn how to automatically cut down trees, and how to gather infinite* resources. We'll also talk a little about an experiment that Minecraft U is running on one of our servers, with the option to take part if you want to. From the guys at Minecraft U to you, we look forward to seeing you there!
* Infinity is hard to reach.
P.S. For more info on Minecraft U check our site @ minecraftu.org